Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bad Starts Can Equal A Good Ending

My monday started out a bit frazzled I woke up at 3:30pm!! I hate sleeping in until 1 let alone 3, I had even set an alarm but my phone died:( Have you ever woke up and looked at the clock and gotten all panicky  because it seems as though all your plans for the day are out the window? I had been the night before with doing skype shows tweeting and doing some online shopping looking for some good deals and sales on different things for all my upcoming shoots I have coming during the month of March so I didnt get asleep till about 5am.
I am getting so excited for March I will be traveling to do some shooting which I havent left the state in like a year. Then at the end of the month I will be spending time poolside with Sarah Peachez and Andiland at The Phoenix Forums, awh I love my line of work :D I have never been for the whole event so it should be a fun exciting new experience. I did go 2 years ago but I only stayed to play a few games of topless dodgeball which was a blast!!
Anywho back to my Monday so after my panic I went tanning which put me in such a good mood it was the perfect remedy for my bad start to the day. I know how bad tanning is for your skin but that fake sunlight gets me in such a good mood, I can see how someone can get addicted to it. No worries I only go once in awhile Im thinking about doing the spray tan thing but I am afraid to take the plunge in fear of looking like an oompa loompa.
Then my brother invited me over to his house for dinner by this time it was 5 oclock so I was starving. and they were delicious homeade tacos are so much better than fast food. Did I mention I was rushing around thinking I had a big shoot the next day so I left to get my nails done and all the places I usually go to were closed early since it was a holiday. Then at 6 I found a place that was still open but they closed at 6:30 luckily they were gracious enough to stay a little late so I could get my toes done and get a full set.
So after my nails were done I went back to my brothers house and spent some time with the kiddies and my brother and had a good family night, watched the little ones play COD (I bet they could kick your ass in that game) and had a good time chatting and catching up with my sister in law havent had a day like that in awhile. We also made some plans to go hiking this weekend which I am stoked for. Then come to find out after all that rushing my shoot actually isnt till Wednesday. Oh well, that gives me extra time to prepare and be extra ready to shine :) lol
So as I sit here blogging and sipping on my coffee I'm also putting together a to-do list in my head I think the next stop for my day is a nice relaxing jog/morning stroll, My running shoes are waiting for me ;) Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL TittyTuesday Ill get those photos to you later in the day.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cute toes. :) Where do you go hiking around there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh my whole comment was deleted b/c I posted as my Wordpress name but apparently wasn't signed in! :/ I didn't realize I needed to sign in... sigh. Ah well.
    Ok so my name is Monique/Mon7que ... I don't think I will be able to put my name on here....
    Hi Alaura, I didn't realize you had a blog! :P
    I just found it on your twitter account! Make sure to keep the link up there so I can find it again in case I forget it ;)
    I have done the spray tan in the salon and didn't end up looking like an oompa loompa! :P I just used the light, although I'm sure I would have been fine with the medium (they have light, medium or dark to choose from, and each have a certain amount of shades darker it makes your skin). Anyways I looked like I had a little bit darker of skin and it looked like a nice even tan...
    Here is a picture of me for my photoshoot. (I did the spray tan the day before b/c after awhile of showering and sweating it comes off) : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=211533232239691&set=a.211533128906368.51663.155216737871341&type=3&theater
    And here is a photo of me in a studio with my natural skin color:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=157455300980818&set=a.157450940981254.34317.155216737871341&type=3&theater
    So not a drastic difference, just a bit. :)
    I'd recommend asking around for ppl who have done the spray tanning at salons first before you go, if you decide to try it. I think mine was called Mystic tanning, but who knows, different salons probably make up different names. :P I just stood in a room and a spray can went up and down as I stood on the foot markers and turned when it told me to haha. Had to make sure not to inhale it when it got to my face. That was about it.

    Ahh that is so exciting that you will be going to see Andi and Sarah! :) Andi hasn't mentioned that on her blog yet I don't think. She usually waits until right before one of her trips to talk much about it and let us know who she will be seeing. :P

    Sounds like you have a busy month ahead of you :) I have a fashion show myself...pretty excited for that, although I don't know much info yet except that there will be 3 outfit changes. :)

    Even though I don't agree to subjecting MYSELF to tanning booths, doesn't mean others can't! Plus I always think the photos inside the booth look cool. Is that with the lid over top of you? I like how there are always blinds in the photo. Must be from the radiation I guess. :P

    And yes I have slept in late too..what usually bothers me when I oversleep is that I feel hungover! Lol! My head feels super swollen. But I've been quite lazy lately and love to lie in bed for hours. Haha so I don't usually make plans early...I try to make them for noon or later actually! My friend has learned to not make plans with me early in the morning lmao... Maybe when I get older and have kids, ect I will be more organized, but not yet!

    Well now that I know you have a blog I will stop by more often! :)

    Ttyl!! Saving this one this time before I hit Publish. Sorry for such a long message... haha.

    ReplyDelete